15 January 2014

Venice - classic views

There must be thousands of thousands of photographs of Venice in print and online, but on visiting Venice I found that few photographers caught what I saw. Of those with a similar perspective, some took almost identical shots as myself, although not quite, we all have our differences in style. I enjoyed sharing their work, so have here published a part of my own portfolio on Venice to share. Yes, there are thousands more.

To begin, I have on this page posted a selection of classic views, or rather, my view on classic Venetian landmarks. But then, there seems to be a stunning view around every corner in Venice. And we all have our own lasting impressions. And there are so many views and details which I saw but did not even try to capture with the camera. I stopped and admired, took time, and simply appreciated Venice.

Click here to follow a slideshow of larger versions of the images.

The Campanile di San Marco and the Doge's Palace

Ponte del Sospiri - the Bridge of sighs

San Marco

Piazetta San Marco

Church of Santa Maria della Salute and gondolas

Fortuna above the globe

The Moors atop the Clocktower

A quiet canal

Canal -side homes

Gondola workshop

The Rialto Bridge

The lower reaches of the Grand Canal

Palaces along the Grand Canal

The Giudecca Canal from the church of S. Giorgio

Venice skyline

San Giorgio

A quiet campo
                             
Statues on the roof of the Biblioteca Marciana
The domes of the church of Santa Maria della Salute

The Lion of S. Marco and S. Theodore on top of two granite columns.



No comments:

Post a Comment

  Bay of Fires Here is a selection of shots taken during a recent trip to the Bay of Fires, Tasmania. This was a short three day trip with t...