20 February 2014

Melbourne - Street art

Whenever I visit Melbourne, Australia, I like to take a walk through the galleries and see the old classic paintings, because I like them. No matter the finished piece, if I look at it with an understanding of their time and style I can interpret the subject from my own view and share the concept.

Then I like to dive into Melbourne's alleys and seek out the street art. As with the classics, I can accept the artists' time and style, no problems there. They can paint, there is humour, and there are messages in their work. There are standard spray-paint pieces, stencils, 3D pieces and high-rise scissor-lift works. They all know their work is ephemeral, to be painted over one day, some soon, some later. Art is forever progressing.

If your work is shown here, please add your credits in a comment. I don't want to claim credit for these works, simply to share the work to a wider audience. Thank you.

All art work was photographed on 14th February 2014, and it changes daily.

Click here to watch a slide show of the work.










































No comments:

Post a Comment

  Bay of Fires Here is a selection of shots taken during a recent trip to the Bay of Fires, Tasmania. This was a short three day trip with t...